Cruising is a holiday type that is fast becoming the more popular option for travelers. We have seen a major rise in the number of cruise ships in particular fleets as well as new companies that are reaching into new destinations.
There are plenty to choose from some of which include Carnival, Royal Caribbean, P & O, Princess, Costa and so many more. Some cruisers will choose the same cruise line over and over again while others prefer to try out new ships and new companies.
But why is it becoming so popular? There are many benefits of cruising which I will outline in this article.
1. You only need to pack and unpack once. Most cruises will be visiting many ports so you get to travel to many locations without having to pack and unpack each time.
If you were to travel the traditional way ie flying to each of the destinations you would lose half a day each and every time you departed for the next destination. With a cruise that is not necessary.
2. All your food is catered for. This includes your main meals three times a day, plus snacks and other food services with most of the companies catering for you 24 hours a day.
3. Kids club. There is a reason so many families enjoy booking cruises and that is because of the fantastic kids club programs on board so that the adults can drop off the kids and get some time to relax themselves and the kids will have fun and be entertained themselves.
4. Entertainment is provided. There are plenty of music shows, comedy acts, dances, bingo and other games all provided so you will never be bored. There is always something going on around the ship and caters for a wide range of audiences.
There are generally comedians, hypnosis, magicians, dancers, singers, bands and other weird and wonderful acts that make your cruise fun.
5. It makes a good alternative for those who hate flying. Cruise ships are fairly steady and allow those who hate flying an opportunity to head overseas without conjuring up any fears or dislikes.
While not everyone loves the open ocean over 80% of people who do book a cruise will book another one at least once more in their lifetime.
Traveling by air, by road or by sea all have their own set of benefits and really comes down to what you would like to do and where you would like to see.
As far as value for money goes and the constant entertainment, food gauging and more on board it is fairly easy to see why so many people love to cruise as their preferred method of travel.